Teri has past experience as a day treatment therapist, in-home skills worker and therapist, individual and community mental health therapist, and has worked in child and adolescent day treatment services as well as adolescent residential services. She has competencies in providing cognitive behavioral therapy, attachment-focused and trauma-focused approaches to therapy. Dr. Clayton has worked with individuals of all ages, including children and adolescents who qualify as having mental diagnoses, persons who have experienced physical, mental, and sexual abuse, persons struggling with depression and anxiety, as well as families with relational difficulties or who are in conflict or crisis.
In her spare time, Dr. Clayton enjoys being outdoors, walking her dog, hiking, boating, camping, kayaking, practicing yoga, and meditation.
• Licensed Psychologist - State of Minnesota
Education & Training
• Doctorate of Psychology - Argosy University
• Master of Science in Counseling Psychology - Central Washington University, Ellensburg, Washington
• Bachelor of Arts in Psychology - Central Washington University, Ellensburg, Washington
• Training in Evidence-Based Trauma Treatment and Interventions
• Over 20 years of experience working with adults, children, adolescents, and their families across many different settings
Insurance accepted: Inquire within
"A river cuts through rock not because of its power, but because of its persistence."
~ James N. Watkins